Saturday, December 18, 2010

This Year's Christmas Project For Homeless Youth - I Am Desperately In Need Of Help And I'm Not Above Begging!

As it turns out, I am going to need a lot of last minute help with this year’s Christmas project for the homeless youth. I am so far behind on it due to my son’s recent health problems that I don’t even see how I can get it done without some kind of “Christmas Miracle”. But I can’t give up because it MUST be done – not only for the kids at Tumbleweed, but for my son as well.

See, when I offered to put together stockings and made the arrangements with Tumbleweed, it came up because the man who has been doing Christmas stockings for them every year was unable to do them this year. So, I stepped in and offered to do them since I already knew that I was not going to be able to dinner this year like I had last year. At the time it seemed perfectly “do-able”, but then my son started to get sick – and then sicker and sicker. Now I find myself nearly at the last minute and all I have are about five stockings, some toiletry items and a few small gifts.

Here is why this is so important: Not only will these homeless young people get no Christmas gifts if I drop the ball here, but also my son will feel like he caused it to happen. He has been in on this project since it first came up, so it’s not as if he isn’t aware that it’s come to such a halt. Of course his illness is not his fault, and I can comfort him and reassure him all I want, but I know my son – he is going to feel bad. He is already under tremendous stress, and stress aggravates his condition. I have to make this project happen – for the homeless kids and for him.

I am not above anything at this point. I will beg, I will plead, I will post my begging and pleading all over the place – anywhere I can. I will do whatever it takes. Please help me out here!

Here’s what you can do: Click here to see a list of needed items. If you can donate any of them, especially if you’re local here in Phoenix, please do. If you can’t do that but you’re able to toss a few dollars toward the project, click here to do that. Last, but most certainly not least – if you would, please post this blog anywhere you can. Tweet it, post it on your Facebook or MySpace, say something on your web site if you have one, etc. Anything to get the word out. Again, this is especially helpful if you are here in Phoenix or know people who are local here and might donate items (or time). But no matter where you are – I would so appreciate it if you would do this!

If you have any questions, you can always contact me at salmagundigeneral@yahoo.com. If you have concerns of want references so you can rest assured that I’m not some kind of scammer, I can easily provide you lots of those. If there’s anything at all you want to know, just drop me a line.

Thank you so much for reading, and please – please! – help out if you can!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment