Saturday, July 24, 2010

Making My New Online Home Here

I've just created this blog and I'm totally new to it, so I suppose I should start by introducing myself. My real name is Cheri, but everyplace on the web where I "hang out", I usually go by "salmagundi". It's just an old word that means, basically, "a little of this and a little of that" (particularly referring to leftovers), and I chose it just to make myself a bit easier to find. It was just unusual enough that it normally wasn't taken. :)

So for a few years now I've had a blog on my thoughts.com account (hopefully I was successful in making that a link) that I would post to every now and then. I've decided that I'd like to start a "real" blog, to join the ranks of you who tap away every day at your keyboards and share your lives with the rest of the world. I don't know that I will tap away every day, but I'm going to try to do a bit more than I used to, and that's why I decided to move on over here with the grown-up bloggers.

I'm technologically challenged, not really handy with the gadgets and whatnots of the online world and all the magic that's performed to make things look "just so" on a screen. That's why for now my blog is pretty plain. I will learn a bit at a time and figure out how to decorate it and make it all spiffy later. For now, I figured I'd better start typing something or I'd never get going. I don't think I will say much new here in this first post, actually; to provide a bit of background on me and context for the things I plan to talk about, I will be copying and re-posting a few of my old blog posts from thoughts.com. To see them all and find out just how fascinating I am (sarcasm), you can click on the link in my second paragraph up there.

So there it is - I'm officially started. I typed something. Here I am, blogger world. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment